First to oblige my selection by Theia, seven random things about myself...
- I really like the number 3 but sometimes I have a hard time writing it, like my fingers/hands don't work and I have to really think about it. Please diagnose me, what am I dying of?
- As a child I wanted nothing more ... absolutely nothing more than to have long hair. That would never happen under my father's rule of "keeping it short, keeping it easy" so I often wore a yellow towel on my head, secured by bobby pins or a rubber band. Yellow was necessary b/c I also wanted to remain a blonde. My siblings had similar strategies and used slips, pantyhose (that's a weird word), etc.
- In a desperate attempt to live on extremely meager earnings the summer between my junior and senior years in college, I lived on a package of hot dogs and some grapes for an entire week. Chew slowly, the food will last longer.
- College friends of mine and I thought up a delivery service of 7-11 Big Gulps (or Super Big Gulps, for an additional charge) for Saturday & Sunday mornings to all our hungover college friends and roommates. Program never got under way as we were always in that same hungover crowd.
- From years of traveling to the suburbs of Chicago for a big volleyball tournament each year, our family has a favorite truck stop along highway 55; eh yeah I guess we're truck stop people. Stop by the Dixie Travel Plaza if you're ever on that stretch of I-55.
- Some of my favorite smells are found at any construction site: cement, wet rock, freshly cut 2x4s, dirt. Don't even get me started on all the chemical smells I adore.
- Just last week, a crowd of us were at a bar on 23rd St and ended up getting a picture with the Cowboy from the Village People; he definitely wanted the photo to be taken more than any of us.
So there's that, just a small slice of the randomness I offer the world.