Monday, November 17, 2008

Bottoming Out

I had no idea that bottoming out was a term used in breast augmentation... interesting b/c I'm a loyal Dr. 90210 viewer and I've never heard it there either. ??? For those intrigued here's what it means...

When implants "bottom out", this means that the implants have descended too low on the chest, thus making the nipple too high on the breast mount. If bottoming out is apparent shortly after surgery, it is most likely due to over-dissection of the pocket. If it occurs later on, it is usually due to the weight of the implant.

At any rate, it's not like I've been on some huge downward spiral but when I feel down and out of sorts I feel that a bottoming out day/week/month is the last step I need to experience before renewing my lifestyle, my health on all fronts and most importantly, my attitude. I've only half-heartedly been dedicated to figuring out what's up with my leg, to finding alternative ways to work out & invigorate myself and to planning good & nutritious meals. After a lunch involving way-too-much-cheese yesterday and the 2nd of two weekends in a row where I felt way too inactive, I decided that today would be the clean slate day. Thus yesterday was my bottoming out, no implants involved.

Items of particular focus:
- a solid training plan (not for anything in particular) that is not running-centered but will hold me accountable
- an appt with Dr. Metzl (sports med doc extraordinarie)
- new recipes including everything I need to make some big batches of tasty soups
- bringing my lunch to work everyday or nearly everyday
- starting off each day with some simple yoga, stretching and meditation

It feels good to make some plans to get moving ...on life! It also feels good knowing that within a week's time I'll have the first of my family members arriving into town for Thanksgiving. Yay!!!! Lastly, it feels good to hang with this little guy


Jason and I watched his nephews and niece last night and although 3 of the 4 kiddos were pooped beyond staying awake but an hour after we arrived, Keaton was as cute, chill and cool as ever. Snuggly, smiley, sweet baby time is an instant jump start to a clean slate kind of day.

7 comments:

Jen Jones said...

Soup, I LOVE soup!

Did you ever see my Celery Root and Apple soup recipe I put in the 30's recipe thread? It is AMAZING, healthy and not too difficult to make. The recipe has quickly spread through my organic produce co-op, everyone loves it.
Try it out!

Also, I am not sure there can be too much cheese...face, cheese is good, real good! I'm sure that I'll be making and eating a ton when my dad gets down here. Homemade Finish cheese rocks! mmmm.cheese. :)

solarpowered said...

Two words: CHEESE CURDS!
:D

Glad to see you are working things out with your schedule and your leg probs!

That is the cutest pic of a nephew ever! (Don't tell my sis I said that.)

Sarah said...

Well said and I echo your feelings exactly! I think not having a training plan (whatever it might be) is really effecting me and my motivation. I'll have to look into that! Glad to hear things are already turning around for you!

And soup....let me know if you find any good recipes! B and I have been wanting to have more soups for dinner lately.

Craver said...

I've been a soup kick myself lately - Asparagus, shrimp and corn chowder, potato and candian bacon, and chick pea and spinach.
Recipes can be provided if any of those strike yer fancy.

Good luck on the clean slate., you've got it in you, girl.

jen

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Glad to hear you have a plan and a new focus, even if it isn't a running plan for now. The running part will come back better than ever!

sauconRunner said...

Sounds like a great plan. Especially seeing the sports med doctor. Good luck!

Theia said...

When you do get back to running, you're going to be stronger than ever!!!